How to Build and Manage the Perfect Fire
One of the most common questions about smoking with an offset smoker is; how do you keep a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process? There’s a lot that goes into answering that question, but it all starts with knowing YOUR smoker. Once you cook a few times with your smoker you will start to understand little details like exactly how much to open/close the exhaust and air intake, how many wood chunks or logs you will need for smoking different types of food, etc.
- 1 Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Offset Smoker
- 1 Oklahoma Joe’s Halftime Charcoal Starter XL
- 1 box Oklahoma Joe’s Fire Starters
- 1 bunch wood chunks or logs
- 1 box lump charcoal
- 1 igniter to light the fire starters