Bold & Spicy Pulled Pork Nachos
5:30 - Prep 0:15 / Cook 5:15
Get the party started with a nicely rubbed pork shoulder, smoked to excellence and thrown together over nachos.
- 1 4-pound pork shoulder
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- handful apple wood chunks
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup fresh jalapenos, sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Bold & Spicy Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cayenne hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons BBQ seasoning
1. Preheat your smoker to 275°F.
2. In a bowl, combine the sweet paprika, dark brown sugar, onion powder, salt and pepper. Generously rub the pork shoulder on every side.
3. Place the pork shoulder in your smoker and toss a few apple wood chunks onto hot coals. Close the lid and cook for 5 hours at 275°F. Occasionally spray the pork with apple cider vinegar to keep moist.
4. Remove the pork shoulder from your smoker and open the damper to get the temperature to rise to 350°F.
5. Shred the pork using meat shredders and set aside for the nachos.
6. In a large cast iron skillet, spread a layer of tortilla chips. Add diced tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella cheese and pulled pork. Repeat another layer by using the cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.
7. Place the nachos in your smoker for 15 minutes at 350°F.
8. Combine all ingredients for the bold and spicy dressing into a bowl and set aside.
9. Remove the nachos from your smoker and top with a few lines of the bold and spicy dressing. Add fresh jalapeno slices.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.