Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil
1:00 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 0:40
Shrimp & Sausage Boil
- 4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 pounds smoked sausage, cut into halves
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into quarters or halves
- 6 ears corn, cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- > apple wood pellets
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1. Whisk together butter, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and thyme while melting in a small skillet over medium heat. Set aside.
2. Fill the hopper with pellets and preheat your grill to HIGH in SEAR mode.
3. Remove the circular center grate and replace with the Oklahoma Joe's® Deep Dish Pan. Fill the pan about halfway with water and bring to a boil.
4. When the water reaches boiling, sprinkle Old Bay seasoning across the water and place sausage, potatoes and corn in the water. Lower grill temperature to MEDIUM and set to SMOKE mode. Close the lid and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, stir and cook for another 10 minutes with the lid closed.
6. Once shrimp is cooked, remove the deep dish pan from the grill. Plate shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and a drizzle of Cajun butter.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.