Chili Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
0:50 - Prep 0:30 / Cook 0:20
These Chili Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers are loaded with chili and lots of cheese. A quick smoke over apple wood is all it takes to make this smoky flavor sensation that’s sure to be your new favorite. They’re spicy hot cheesy goodness, ground beef and crumbled bacon stuffed into jalapeño peppers for the tastiest appetizer or game day snack.
We made this recipe on the Rider DLX Pellet Grill using our Drumstick & Pepper Flex Rack, but you can make it on your pellet grill or smoker.
- 16 jalapeño peppers
- > apple wood pellets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
1. Fill the hopper with wood pellets and preheat your pellet grill to 275°F in SMOKE mode.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add butter, onions, bacon and ground beef. Cook until golden brown. Add garlic, chili powder, ketchup and BBQ sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chili with cheddar cheese. Set aside.
Hot TipFor more heat, mix some of the peppers’ seeds and flesh back into the stuffing.
4. Cut off the stem end of the jalapeño peppers. Core peppers using a jalapeño corer or vegetable peeler.
5. Using a small spoon, stuff peppers with the chili and cheese mixture.
6. 6. Install the Drumstick and Pepper Flex Rack and place stuffed jalapeños in the rack. Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from grill and serve.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.