Chipotle Lime Beef Jerky
13:45 - Prep 6:45 / Cook 7:00
The smoky heat of chipotle peppers blend well with the tart sweetness of lime in this easy snack recipe.
- 4 pound beef round
- lime zest, grated
- handful oak and cherry wood chunks
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
1. Place the beef round in the freezer for 45 minutes.
Hot TipPlacing the beef round in the freezer will make it easier to slice.
2. Using a chef's or butcher knife, carefully cut the beef round across the grain into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the beef slices and let marinate a minimum of 6 hours.
Hot TipThe beef can be marinated anywhere from 6 hours to overnight.
4. Preheat your smoker to 180°F.
5. Remove the beef slices from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Place the beef slices into your smoker and toss 4 to 8 apple oak or cherry wood chunks onto hot coals. Close the lid and cook for 5 - 7 hours, or until the jerky is fully cooked.
6. Remove the jerky from your smoker and season with freshly grated lime zest. Enjoy!
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.