Smoked Baked Beans
2:20 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 2:00
- 2 large cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3-4 hickory or pecan wood chunks
1. Preheat your smoker to 250°F. Toss 3 to 4 wood chunks on the fire.
2. Add beans to a large aluminum pan. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon, bell peppers and onions. Cook until golden brown. Then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Stir in chipotle peppers, ketchup, water, brown sugar, molasses, white vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture to the aluminum pan with the beans. Gently stir the ingredients together.
6. Place the aluminum pan in your smoker. Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove the baked beans from smoker and let them rest for 15 minutes.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.