Smoked Chicken Enchiladas
1:15 - Prep 0:30 / Cook 0:45
This traditional Mexican-inspired meal is healthy and flavorful. The ingredients in these smoked chicken enchiladas come together nicely for a burst of cheesy, spicy, smoky goodness.
- 4 cups shredded smoked chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 oak or pecan wood chunks
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 3 dried ancho peppers, boiled
- 3 dried guajillo peppers, boiled
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
1. Preheat your smoker to 300°F.
2. Place tomatoes, ancho peppers, guajillo peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt and water in blender and blend until combined.
3. Combine chicken, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and 3 cups of enchilada sauce in a medium-size bowl.
4. Add a tablespoon of sour cream to a corn tortilla and spread down the center line of the tortilla.
5. Place a ½ cup of the chicken mixture on top of the sour cream. Roll tortilla around the chicken mixture and lay filled tortillas side by side in a ceramic baking dish.
6. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce and spread evenly over enchiladas. Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
7. Toss wood chunks on top of coals. Set baking dish in smoker, close lid and cook for 45 minutes.
8. Remove from smoker and top with cilantro.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.