Smoked Salmon Burgers
0:40 - Prep 0:10 / Cook 0:30
Cajun seasonings and peppery green onions give these juicy Smoked Salmon Burgers a spicy kick. Aromatic applewood adds fruity smokiness that complements the natural sweetness of the fish. Hearty and flaky with a beautiful, caramelized finish, these tasty burgers are oh so satisfying.
About the cut: Salmon is an extremely versatile and flavorful fish, subtly sweet and salty with a meaty texture and high fat content, making it ideal for grilling and smoking.
This recipe was created by our partner, Jonathan Jones @jonathan.bbq, who made the dish on our Rider 1200 DLX Pellet Grill, but you can make it on your grill or smoker.
- 2 pounds wild raw salmon, skinless
- > Cajun seasoning
- 1 green onion, chopped
- > avocado oil, to taste
- > mayo, to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Fill the hopper with applewood pellets. Preheat your pellet grill to 225°F in SMOKE mode.
2. On a large cutting board, finely chop the salmon filet into a mince.
3. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, combine salmon, Cajun seasoning and green onions.
5. Form the salmon mix into four equal-sized patties and place them on cedar planks. Cover and refrigerate.
6. Place cedar planks with burgers on the upper rack of the grill and cook for 25 minutes.
7. Remove burgers from heat and set aside.
8. Replace the center grate with griddle pan, switch to SEAR mode and increase heat to 450°F.
Hot TipAllow 5 minutes for the grill to heat up to searing temperature.
9. Drizzle griddle with avocado oil and place the patties on the griddle. Sear patties for about 2 minutes per side and remove from heat.
10. Plate salmon burgers on a bun with mayo, tomato, red onion and lettuce.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.