Smoked Skillet Brownie
1:00 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 0:40
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 apple wood chunk
1. Preheat your smoker to 325°F and toss a wood chunk onto hot coals.
2. Butter a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate. Add hot coffee and stir with a whisk until chocolate is fully melted.
4. Stir in melted butter and vegetable oil. Whisk to combine.
5. Add eggs and continue to whisk.
6. Add vanilla, salt and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
7. Add flour, white chocolate and nuts. Whisk until no flour is visible.
8. Pour batter into buttered skillet and place in the smoker. Smoke until the sides of the brownie begin to set, about 40 minutes.
9. Rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
10. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.