St. Louis-Style Ribs with Orange BBQ Sauce
7:30 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 7:10
Get your Longhorn Combo fired up for a tasty St. Louis-style ribs recipe, complemented by a sweet and zesty orange BBQ sauce.
- 2 slabs ribs, St. Louis cut
- handful oak and pecan wood chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
Orange BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
1. Preheat your smoker at 225°F.
2. Remove the membrane under each slab of ribs.
Hot TipInsert a butter knife between the membrane and the bone. Grab and pull the membrane with paper towels to remove.
3. Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and use to generously season each slab of ribs on both sides.
4. Place the ribs in your smoker and toss 6 - 8 oak or pecan wood chunks onto hot coals. Close the lid and cook for 6 hours at 225°F.
5. In a saucepan or cast iron skillet, combine all orange BBQ sauce ingredients and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
6. Once the ribs have cooked for about 6 hours, glaze each slab of ribs with the BBQ sauce and cook for an additional hour at 225°F.
7. Preheat your grill for direct grilling at 450°F.
8. Transfer the ribs to your grill for a 30-second sear on both sides. Remove the ribs from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.