Philly Cheesesteak Sausages
Drawing inspiration from the beloved Cheesesteak, these succulent homemade sausages are bursting with all the luscious textures and savory flavors you expect from Philly’s most famous sandwich. Stuffed to the brim with sauteed onions, vibrant green peppers and ribbons of melted American cheese—these juicy links pack bold flavors and satisfying snap into every bite.
This recipe was created by our partner, Joe Lapp, who made the dish on our Rambler Tabletop Charcoal Grill, but you can make it on your grill or smoker.
- 7 pounds brisket, coarsely ground
- 3 pounds pork shoulder, coarsely ground
- 1 pound sharp American cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/3 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 pack nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 pack sausage casings