Smoked Apple Crisp
1:20 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 1:00
Smoked Apple Crisp is a delicious dessert with that touch of wood-fired flavor you can only get from your smoker. Cinnamon-spiced Honey Crisp apples are smoked with a sweet oat crumble topping with crushed pecans. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 3 pounds apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 apple wood chunk
1. Preheat smoker to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine apple wedges, brown sugar, lemon zest & juice and cinnamon.
3. Transfer the filling to a large cast-iron skillet.
4. Load oats, brown sugar, flour, butter, pecans, cinnamon and salt into a food processor. Process until blended.
5. Pour topping mixture onto the apples and spread across the top.
6. Place apple crisp in the smoker. Toss 1 apple wood chunk onto hot coals for smoking.
7. Smoke for 1 hour.
8. Remove from smoker. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.