Buffalo Pork Belly Bites
4:20 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 4:00
Tangy Buffalo sauce, savory seasonings and tender pork belly come together to create this bangin’ Buffalo Pork Belly Bites recipe. Satisfying heat with a touch of acidity are a delicious match that delivers rich and velvety pork belly. Subtle smokiness complements the bold flavors while a drizzle of ranch adds a cooling touch.
About the cut: Pork belly is a fattier cut of meat but when you slowly roast it, a lot of that fat renders out and helps to ensure that the meat is moist, tender and chock full of flavor.
This recipe was created by our partner, Jonathan Jones @jonathan.bbq, who made this dish on the Rider DLX 1200 Pellet Grill, but you can make it on your grill or smoker.
Pork Belly Bites
- 4-6 pounds pork belly, diced
- > avocado oil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 12 ounces Buffalo sauce
- > ranch or blue cheese dressing, to taste
- > baby carrots
- > celery sticks
1. Fill the hopper with cherry wood pellets and preheat grill to 275 F° in SMOKE mode.
2. Dice pork belly into 1 to 2 inch cubes.
3. In a large bowl combine pork belly, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Coat evenly.
4. Place the pork belly on the top rack and cook for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, transfer pork belly pieces to an aluminum tray and cover with foil.
6. Place the tray on the top rack and cook for another 1 1/2 hours. Then remove tray from the heat, take off the foil and drain liquid.
7. Generously cover pork bites with Buffalo sauce and coat evenly.
8. Increase heat to 300 F° and return the uncovered tray to the top rack to cook for 30 more minutes.
9. Remove from heat. Plate, garnish with dressing and serve with carrots and celery sticks.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.