Cherry Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
7:20 - Prep 0:20 / Cook 7:00
Tender, grilled Cherry Chipotle Baby Back Ribs are sweet and spicy, with hints of chipotle chili pepper in a thick, tangy and subtly sweet adobo sauce. Grilled on the Rider Pellet Grill using the 3-2-1 method and brushed with cherry chipotle BBQ sauce, these ribs are insanely good. You don’t have to cook them on the Rider Pellet Grill, but we highly recommend it.
About the Cut: Baby back ribs form the rib bones of the pig closest to the loin. One rack (10 to 13 ribs) weighs about 3 to 4 pounds and should feed 2 to 3 people.
- 4 slabs pork baby back ribs
- 20 pounds hickory or competition blend wood pellets
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves or jam
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Fill the hopper with wood pellets. Preheat your pellet grill to 200°F.
2. Insert a butter knife between the membrane and one of the rib bones. Grab the membrane with a paper towel and pull to remove it completely.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper and ground mustard. Season the ribs on both sides with the dry rub mixture.
4. Place the ribs in your pellet grill and cook for 3 hours at 200°F.
5. Remove ribs and wrap in aluminum foil or FDA approved butcher paper.
6. Increase grill temperature to 225°F. Place ribs back into grill and cook for another 2 hours.
7. In a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, cherry preserves or jam, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Remove ribs from pellet grill, unwrap and brush with barbecue sauce.
9. Return ribs to grill and cook for another hour.
10. Remove from grill and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.