Smoked Pastrami Burger
0:40 - Prep 0:10 / Cook 0:30
When you want more than just a classic hamburger, try our Smoked Pastrami Burger. It’s the ultimate beef burger, cooked over hickory wood smoke with tender, thinly sliced pastrami and melted Swiss cheese. Utah Fry Sauce under the burger and pickles on top add a zesty brined flavor.
We made this recipe on the Longhorn Combo Charcoal/Gas Smoker & Grill, but you can make it on your smoker and grill.
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 10 ounces pastrami thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
- 3 to 4 pickles sliced lengthwise
- 3-4 Hickory wood chuncks
Utah Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Preheat your smoker to 275°F and toss wood chunks onto hot coals.
2. Divide ground beef into 6 equal-sized patties; then season with salt and black pepper
3. Place the meat patties in the smoker. Cook until the internal temperature reaches between 150°F and 165°F, about 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Top each burger patty with 3 to 4 slices of pastrami and a slice of cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking
5. Preheat your grill to 450°F.
6. Place burger buns on the grill grates, cut side down and grill for 10 seconds.
7. Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle juice and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
8. Assemble on lightly-toasted buns with Utah Fry Sauce and a pastrami burger, topped with pickle slices.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.