10-Hour Smoked Beef Short Ribs with Buffalo Trace® Peach Bourbon Glaze
11:00 - Prep 0:30 / Cook 10:30
- 4 beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- > competition blend wood pellets
Peach Bourbon Glaze
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Trace® bourbon
- 1 jar peach jam
- 3 tablespoons butter
Grilled Peaches & Fennel
- 4 peaches
- 2 fennel bulbs
- > salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar pickled okra
1. Fill the hopper with wood pellets and preheat your pellet grill to 225°F in SMOKE mode.
2. Generously season short ribs on the meat side with salt and pepper, pressing the seasoning into the meat.Place ribs on the upper cooking rack and cook for 5 to 6 hours. Then, reduce heat to 220°F and check on them every hour or so until cooked to desired doneness.
3. Remove ribs from pellet grill and set aside.
4. Increase grill temperature to the HIGH grill setting and slide the selector to SEAR mode.
Hot TipAllow 5 minutes for the circular center grate to heat up to searing temperature.
5. In a medium grill-safe saucepan, combine bourbon, peach jam and butter. Place saucepan inside the grill for about 15 minutes to warm and reduce.
6. Slice peaches into thick wedges and cut fennel bulb into quarters. Place peaches and fennel bulbs in a medium-size bowl. Add salt, a pinch of pepper and olive oil.
7. When the peach bourbon mixture is reduced, mop your short ribs with a generous amount of the glaze. Return them to the upper cooking rack to rewarm the meat and allow the glaze to caramelize.
8. Place peaches and fennel onto the center grate. Cook until lightly charred.
9. Remove peaches, fennel and short ribs from the grill and plate ribs with the extra peach bourbon glaze for dipping. Arrange the grilled veggies and fruit on the side with pickled okra.
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.